ADHA 2017 Forum and Annual Dinner
The Architectural Door Hardware Association invites you to attend its 2017 Forum and Annual Dinner to be held at Darling Harbour on Friday 18th August 2017.
The ADHA 2017 Forum will provide an opportunity for attendees to receive an update on pertinent issues and participate in discussions and consider several issues regarding:
- Standards and who is responsible for Compliance
- Application of the National Construction Code
- Recent issues regarding compliance and door assemblies
- What can ADHA do to assist regulators, certifiers and allied professions to ensure that door assemblies meet the provisions of the National Construction Code?
- What does ADHA membership mean
- As well as hear an update on the economic outlook for the industry.
The forum will conclude with a panel discussion providing an opportunity to discuss/explore issues faced by the industry and opportunities that may exist for ADHA to better assist members and users.
The forum will be held at:
Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour,
100 Murray Street
Registration at 9.30AM and followed by the ADHA AGM at 4.30 PM.
Sessions will include:
- Economic Update – Shane Garrett HIA Economist
- Is that door compliant? A presentation looking at some door configurations and discussing compliance with the various provisions of the NCC and standards such as AS 1905.1 and 1428. This session will emphasise the standards that need to be considered when specifying or certifying a door and possible issues if non-compliant hardware is used.
- How can we improve compliance? – A panel discussion between ADHA representatives and guest speaker.
- ADHA training – a member’s experience –a presentation on the experience of a member whose employees undertook the ADHA training.
- What does membership of ADHA require? A discussion of the provisions of our code of conduct and those of similar bodies with an opportunity to seek input from members as to improvements for future adoption.
- GAI – DHI – AHA - can we learn from our International counterparts?
ADHA 2017 Annual Dinner
The ADHA Annual Dinner will be held at:
Roof Top Level,
Cockle Bay Wharf,
Pre-dinner drinks will be served at 7PM.
This is the venue of the very successful ADHA 2015 event – plenty of opportunity to catch up with friends and colleagues, good food and wine as well as entertainment.